Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Psychic Grandpa






These are words to a country song I wrote a long time ago while driving to Lewiston, ID alone in my car. I tend to find humor in different forms of addiction and gambling is great because of all the wacky superstitions...like maybe your senile, geriatric grandpa is a winner-picker.











CHORUS
I got a psychic grandpa
He sees the future, but he don’t remember what he saw
He’s my psychic grandpa
Yeah my psychic grandpa
END CHORUS

He’d be great for making calls in football
……..If he only recall
He’ d be great at the race track
But he’s alway’s having some kind of cardiac attack

Hey Grandpa! Can you predict when you’re gonna die
‘Cause we’ve been wonderin’ why you’re still alive
Hey-Ay-Ay Grandpa. I need 10 grand and I need it fast
Can you tell me how long your gonna last. (And am I still in the will?)

CHORUS

He’d be great on wall street
But he’s always fallin’ fast asleep
He’d be great at the lottery
If he wasn’t always fillin’ his diapy

Whoa Grandpa please don’t forget the winning bet.
You know I’m crippled with gambling debt
Oh -oh oh papa! Loan me money. For the love of god please!
They said they were gonna break my knees (If I don’t pay up}

CHORUS



           

No comments:

Post a Comment