Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dear Target








 This week Lawra Gosselin-Harris wrote a fictional letter to Target. She is a stay-at-home mom who shops there and is pretty funny. Next week the Target's VP of Marketing will issue a response.

Dear Target:

We need to talk. You need to know I love you.  When I am driving in my minivan, going between dropping off or picking up my children from school, getting groceries, doing errands for my family and friends, I consider it a treat to get to go to your store. I wander in, sometimes with my children in tow and have fun walking up and down the isles. My children love eating your popcorn and drinking soda, I love your dollar bins and book section, your merona jeans and your circo children’s clothing. I love your store.

That is why when I was reading my Sunday paper and saw your ad, my heart sunk a little. I thought we had a good thing Target. You were my little heartstone, my secret energy charge, my feel good place when my day sucked. This picture of these young, goddess like models dressed in bikinis. . . are you trying to tell me something? Are you trying to tell me I am fat? Is my butt to big for you Target? Do you want skinny customers? Is that it.? Do we need to see other people? I have been getting ads from Shopko, Walmart and Sears. JCpennies is making a huge play for me lately. Are you trying to tell me it is time for my fat ass to move on? That you are just not that in to me?

If that is not the case, then let me be clear. You have sent me the wrong message baby. Trust me, you don’t need to see a picture of me in a bikini. I am not trying to be cruel, but you don’t want to see a picture of any of the ladies in Target in a bikini. If we are your “Target” audience, you must hate us. All that picture did was make me feel fat. I don’t think I am the only one.

So, I can only guess you want to break up with me. At least you could have bought me dinner and not just sent me a picture of your new girlfriends.

Sadly,

Your normal sized middle aged female customer

No comments:

Post a Comment